- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- XGM and LD Glass Elements
- Vibration Compensation
- eBAND and BBAR Coatings
- Fluorine Coating on Front Element
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive AF System
- Built-In Lens Hood
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio Software
Offering a wide angle of view for full frame cameras, the Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens is a fast wide-angle zoom lens with Vibration Compensation. The f/2.8 maximum aperture performs well in low-light situations, and provides a shallow depth of field for selective focus. Further benefitting the lens is the VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to enable the use of longer shutter speeds or smaller apertures when hand-holding in low-light conditions. XGM and LD glass elements reduce chromatic aberrations and help ensure sharp and clear imagery. eBAND and BBAR coatings render uniform colors and reduce ghosting and flare, while a fluorine coating on the front element helps repel water or contaminants.
A USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) autofocus motor provides quick and precise focusing performance, with high torque, low response times, and quiet operation to benefit both still and video applications. Additionally, a full-time manual focus mechanism enables manual fine-tuning of focus at any point, even when the AF system is engaged.
- Image Quality
- Comprised of 18 elements in 13 groups, including an XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element placed at the front group and several LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements in the system, aberrations such as geometrical distortion and lateral color are efficiently compensated for, enabling the zoom lens to deliver quality imagery throughout the entire range from corner to corner.
- BBAR and eBAND Coatings
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coating renders uniformity in transmissivity across the critical bandwidths. Coupled with the eBAND coating, ghosting and flare typically observed on ultra wide-angle lenses are efficiently eliminated, resulting in sharper and clearer images.
- VC (Vibration Compensation) is Tamron’s proprietary image stabilization mechanism which reduces the effects of camera shake to deliver sharp images in low light and at slower shutter speeds. It is a newly developed three coil system that employs a lighter moving coil mechanism which contributes to its improved performance and overall compact design.
- Ultrasonic Motor
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) Motor is the power for a fast and quiet autofocus drive that works in harmony with the continuous manual focus mechanism.
- XGM and LD Glass Elements
- An eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical element and Low Dispersion elements in the front group minimize chromatic aberrations and help ensure clear and sharp imagery.
- Lens Hood
- A built-in lens hood helps block out unwanted light, preventing lens flare, as well as protecting the lens’s front element.
- A rounded 9-blade diaphragm produces an aesthetic out-of-focus quality that is especially beneficial when working with selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio for Tamron
- The SILKYPIX software provides allows you to generate quality images from RAW data, while performing adjustments to reflect your personal style. These include white balance, color, sharpness, and the tonal curves recorded by digital cameras. The SILKYPIX Developer Studio for Tamron provides a range of functions, in addition to the basic adjustment capabilities, such as correcting aberrations (lateral color, distortion, relative illumination fall-off) referring to the optical design data.